Phil Day

General Discussion

Phil Day

Postby The Other Rob » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Hey folks.. It's been a LONG time since I've stuck my head in here..

It's with much regret and bad news that I come here today. Sometime in the morning of 3-29-2018, Phil Day passed away. Saw his last post on FB on the 28th, about 11:50. he'd gone back down to San Antonio and was "checking in" to his favorite bar to see some friends and have a couple of drinks...

For those of you that have been around, you know Phil was the starting force behind HummerXClub and Trail Duty a good number of years back. He'd gotten out of the Hummer thing a longtime back, and not much past that, out of offroading all together. In more recent years, he'd got into competitive shooting, a bit of road racing his Porsche and even gotten into music, recording and being a DJ (Techno not radio). In the past few months, he'd met a young lady and they were planning on getting married. They'd just bought a place in Dallas and were fixing that up. I could tell by the way he talked recently, he was feeling like a teenager in love for the first time.. He was completely head of heels for Maxine.

Better Days Phil...

Phil.jpg
Phil.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Re: Phil Day

Postby The Other Rob » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:02 am

Hell.. Was just trying to chase down some of the old folks from here in FB and found out Alec Wallis from Denver died back in April 2017 as well...
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Fri May 04, 2018 10:14 am

Rob,

Thank you for posting this. I was on a wheeling trip with limit access when Phil passed and couldn't post anything here. As you said a spark had been ignited in Phil as of late and he was really enjoying the new changes in his life. There were not many but I am grateful for the times we did get to spend together apart from the long time online friendship. Phil loved to live life to the fullest and had many great experiences from that drive. If it weren't for his efforts HXC would not be here and there are so many friends that I would not have to this day. I miss you my friend and cherish the memories.

It is so sad that we have lost three of the early driving forces behind HXC, Rich, then Alec and now Phil. I am grateful that I got to spend time with each of them and just wish it could have been more.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby f5fstop » Tue May 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Never met him personally, but talked quite a few times on the phone.
Alec, I knew quite well.

The old guard is disappearing fast; TOO fast.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23484
GONE FROM THE HUMMER WORLD!
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 2016 Sierra Z714x4 CC SLT

Postby Charles Helm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Damn. Just damn. That's all I've got. Can't believe I missed this, but this year has been a bad one for me. snap. Damn. Both Phil and Alec were top-notch guys.
Charles Helm
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H2 SUT

Return to General