Florida Event

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Re: Florida Event

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Glad you were able to get them mounted. I run at about 40 in mine and it handles just like the last truck on 33s.

Doubletssp, you know I noticed the date in your previous posted and didn't even think about it. If you can't make it tomorrow keep an eye out and we will head back up there in the next month or so.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby tangodown » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm

big2dabank wrote:Dayum, I'm at 52 with my 37s.

your hummer is just a few pounds heavier than my wee hummer...lol

dropped air pressure to 48psi, handling better now, ill drop a few more pounds, then take another test drive when the monsoon outside stops. this morning i had penguins knocking on my door trying to come inside to keep warm, tonight, i have manatees swimming in my street.....wth!!! i know, i know, you guys up north are freezing, but when its below 70 here in south fla, we use heated seats!

ok, back on topic, Ron will not drive up, his truck is still tossing codes, and back at the dealer. so, ill be the solo vehicle from south fla.
tangodown
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: H3 Adv Pkg

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Bundle up for tomorrow :D

Too bad Ron can't make it but we will see you at the service center in the morning 8)
Mark

Postby Doubletssp » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 pm

That sounds like a plan next time then. Hope you guys have fun.
"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior...you have to become one."
Doubletssp
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 06 H3

Postby big2dabank » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Just got back to the house and got everything unloaded. Cleaned out the inside of the truck, man it was filthy! Had a great time today and enjoyed seeing everyone.

The new gears and front locker worked great and was certainly money well spent. I made some of the tougher climbs and sharp break-overs I usually struggle with at Hard Rock a lot easier.

Thanks to everyone who made it out today and battled the frigid temperatures.
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank
Chapter Vice President - Florida

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby tangodown » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 pm

just unloaded, what a long ride home. not living in orlando for so long, i forgot how bad the disney area gets, we wanted dinner out that way, and paid the price with tons of traffic.

that trail was a blast, we enjoyed meeting everyone. my video camera only recorded about 30 min worth, but did get us on the large hill, and some good video following Jeffs H2 up some hills. somehow, it then switched itself to shoot a photo every 2 seconds!! :wall:
Some of the pics are ok, but nothing great.

im game to schedule another trip up, just cant do last week in march.
tangodown
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: H3 Adv Pkg

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Had a blast today. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new friends. Thanks for coming everyone. My camera batteries died after only a few shots and didn't have the extras I thought I did. Will see what I got in the next day or so and upload them. Look forward to doing it again soon.
Mark

Postby big2dabank » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:14 am

tangodown wrote:just unloaded, what a long ride home. not living in orlando for so long, i forgot how bad the disney area gets, we wanted dinner out that way, and paid the price with tons of traffic.

Glad you guys made it home safe. I didn't realize you guys used to live in Orlando, Don't you just love Disney. Good thing we are in a recession and Disney admissions are way down. :lol: I could have sent you the back way into Disney and bypassed the 192 traffic. Just after you crossed under the 417 there was a red light and a streeet to the left called Black Lake Road. If you take that, it would get you over to Sherberth Road which hits the tail end of Osceola Parkway, then you can zip over to Buena Vista Drive and that will get you all the way over to Downtown Disney. Disney traffic still sucks, but that takes the 192 traffic out of play. It looks long and is longer is distance, but absolutely no traffic distance and much shorter in time. Buena Vista gets busy, buts thats disney traffic and nothing you can do about that. There are a couple of other ways from the turnpike, but the way I sent you from the turnpike cuts about 10 miles off.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+Access+Rd&daddr=28.336455,-81.590781+to:Buena+Vista+Dr&hl=en&geocode=FfKIsAEd6Mwi-w%3B%3BFSDasAEduRwk-w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&sll=28.346351,-81.593828&sspn=0.021302,0.029182&ie=UTF8&ll=28.343745,-81.592326&spn=0.021303,0.029182&t=h&z=15

I could be open for a run in March or April. I'll let everyone know what weekends work for me. Thanks again and it was great to see everyone.
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Previous

Return to Club Events