Four Peaks

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Four Peaks

Postby crawler » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I was thinking that Four Peaks may have snow on the back side. If so I was going to make a run on 1/24/10. anyone know it it got any snow?
crawler
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: h4 (jeep-chevy)

Re: Four Peaks

Postby alrock » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I don't know. Have thought about getting out of the house, looking north and a bit east, and seeing if there is snow? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good chance there is snow up there though. Make sure you bring a camera, I gotta work on the 24th.
alrock
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H3

Postby stang5_0 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:15 pm

I don't have to work ;)

Even around Table Mesa - Tip Top would work today. Anyhow, keep me posted :)

Stang
stang5_0
New User
New User

Postby alrock » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:08 pm

We just hit Table Mesa Road today. Went to the east of I-17 and the first river crossing is nearly impassible. The water was only about 30" deep but was flowing pretty good. What made it bad was that it had probably crested about 10' higher than where it was today and it brought a HUGE amount of rocks to the beach, all 12-"-18" in diameter. No one felt like dealing with that 100' beach of boulders today to maybe be able to make it across. The current had a good chance of making someone float away.

On the west side of I-17 the Verde River was up big too. We heard one jeep tried to cross and got swept a bit down the river, tumbling over as he went. Again, that river's high water mark was at least 10' above where we were today. There was at least a lot of mud to play in.
alrock
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Postby Arizona Hummerboy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:42 pm

I heard that the B- Line highway was close down at Saguaro Lake North Bound due to an large mud slide. Not sure if it has reopen yet.

They had Camp Creek Wash Close down out at Bartlet Lake today due to all of the run off water. So I did not get the quad out today :(
Brock Hypnosis & Reiki Healing
Creating Life Changing Experiences

http://www.freewebs.com/brockhypnosis
Arizona Hummerboy
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 03 Hummer H2

Postby stang5_0 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Ok so Tip Top = Bad Idea :wall:

Tomorrow is a new day indeed. 8)
stang5_0
New User
New User

Postby 72cb750cafe » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Some friends and I headed up four peaks last weekend when the 87 was closed .. We went by way of saguaro .. We got near the top to discover a Chevy 2500 turned sideways on the trail with its rear tires hanging off the edge .. Guess a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires don't help if you can't drive it..

We used a high lift and winch kit to pull his truck back onto the road and then snatched him straight with the H3 .. At the top there was around 2 feet of snow and pretty good amounts of ice from the sun that day ... the drive down the other side was even worse with ice .. The guy in the 2500 proceeded to drive off the road a 2nd time :wall:

It was an adventure for sure..

Last night we ran the sycamore creek trail starting from the north end .. It was 5 times as difficult as it was two months ago .. the heavy rain turned the first section into a large boulder field .. multiple water crossings .. deep river sand .. through the middle section the hill climbs were rutted out pretty bad and then on the southern end the river was flowing pretty good .. large fields of river rock where there is usually nice flat trails .. 5 or 6 river crossings to get out to the south road .. It was a blast !! we'll probably go do it again in the daylight.
72cb750cafe
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Return to Club Events