Building Arsenal, Guns and Ammo suggestions please...

Off topic discussion

Building Arsenal, Guns and Ammo suggestions please...

Postby beavis » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:06 pm

It is time...

For when the snap hits the fan, I am beginning my stockpiling.

So I am looking for suggestions on where to start: 9mm, 12 gauge shotgun, etc.

What would you recommend to start building an arsenal?
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Re: Building Arsenal, Guns and Ammo suggestions please...

Postby Midnight_H3 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Common ammo.. and cheap to get.. that's what your looking for. A shotgun is good for home protection and close combat. For an assult riffle I would go with a .223 or 5.56 NATO round. And then a high powered rifle I'd go with a 30-30 or .308 easy to get and very common.. again that is just my opinion.

Currently I have a .308 and a 30-30. Getting a m&p 22-15 s&w. For Target practice and cheap protection.. it won't take someone down without a head shot but it'll still delay em. And looking at a .40 Sig p229. Nice carry gun.. a little big but it works for me.. and a .40 will stop em in there tracks..

All in all you got to test it out and see what works for you.. but check the ammo too... If s hits the fan. You wanna be gettin a gun that will fire common ammo.. preferably the military or NATO rounds.. they will be easier to get ahold of..

Sent from my 3VO
Midnight_H3
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 06 Hummer H3

Postby JustinOK » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 am

If you're looking for ammo AFTER s hits the fan, well, that's rare (and not a good situation). If you ran out of ammo you'll probably be dead soon--don't expect to find any once s hits the fan. Stock up as much as you can now. Ammo is just like poker chips (or coins at the arcade). The more you have the longer you can play.

An AR-15 style rifle is very versatile, has decent range, and is small/light enough to be able to bring with you whereever. .308 would a good cal rifle to have as well. Real good distance, and large enough to take out most game should you need to for food.

Nothing wrong with a 9mm pistol, they have great magazine capacity (the Glock 17 for instance has 17 rd mags). But, if you're bugging out to the woods what are you more likely to run into, people or animals? If I'm somewhere where I might run into bears, I might want something a little stronger/more powerful. A Glock 20 is great (10mm). .45 is a great choice, too.
1998 TD 4 Door Hard Top (HMC4) w/ 91K miles
Updated block and loaded with parts from Hummer Parts Guy and Blue Hummer

HummerDan's Hardcore Skid Guards, Fender Guards, & Locking Fuel Doors; Ham (VHF/UHF) & CB radios; Predator RapTorq4 PCM; mechanical wastegate; Cepek Adjustable Shocks; D-Tech PMD.
Stanadyne Performance Formula every fill-up and ScanGauge II full time.
JustinOK
Chapter President - Oklahoma
Chapter President - Oklahoma

Vehicle: 98 TD HMC4

Postby Ziolo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:02 am

9mm is 4 "noobz" ;)
get a real caliber

im so jelous about all those guns, and weapons policy in USA.
in poland we cant buy guns, cant hold them in our houses - cant protect ourselfs :( :( no guns stores, no shooting range 4 civilians :(
only police, security,and military can carry a weapon.
even 9mm blank pistols are forbiden 4 civilians :(

good 4 me i have friends in police and military although i can go into shooting range couple of times in a year:/

i want guns, a lot of guns !!!
i luv guns :/
i luv M4:

back to thread: ;]

about building arseal i think 4 a beginner some 9mm (beretta 92fs, glock g37 (.45 cal) or 17, sig sauer 225)
shotguns: Mossberg special Purpose 12GA 500 Persuader , Remington 870 Tactical 12g.
2006 Hummer H3 Adventure
Ziolo
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2006 Hummer H3

Postby The Other Rob » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Started thinking about my weapon choices a while back and decided to scale back to fewer calibers..

Pistols were 9mm, .22, 380, 357 and 45.. Down to the 380 due to carry size and now two 1911 45acp.. Still trying to move the 357.. Everyone's interested, but no one has the dough..

Got rid of one of my 22 rifles, haven't replaced it with anything else, but still have a heavy barrel 10-22 that'll easily reach out to 100yds or better.. Anything more than that I can prolly hide from it if I need to.. And if I can't it'll have at least 20 rounds in it, before it gets to me..

Capacity on the 45's isn't great, but it more than makes up for it in the size of the hole it'll make from a 230gr hollow point..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Bellvis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Springfield Armory XD series!
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby Robo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Can Sven even shoot straight? He probably wusses out and will let Splenda do all the wet work anyhow...

But if you must know:

AR-15 easy to manuver, fast action, parts are easy to come by and high capacity mags are available.

12G 8 round with tactical butt-stock pump action shotgun w/ 18" barrell ( I personally recommend the Remington 870, very popular, easy to get parts for, rarely fail and easy to fix in the field )

.45 caliber auto pistol. lesser calibers can be effective and ammo is cheaper but what you make up in cost you loose in pure knockdown power.

A .357 mag revolver is great too but like all revolvers slower to load, but it gives you the option of using a less powerfull .38 caliber round or a .357 mag round--versatility.

A bolt action hunting rifle like a .270 is good for keeping threats at bay that are further away. A 400 yard shot is very do-able with a .270

and let us not forget the maylay weapons!!! Machetes, knives, ........ this may become another thread :D
The Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights guarantees our Freedom and our Rights. They do not protect them.
Protect your Freedom. Protect your Rights.

http://www.nraila.org
Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Catch and release H3

Postby USVibrant » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 am

Robo wrote:Can Sven even shoot straight? He probably wusses out and will let Splenda do all the wet work anyhow...

But if you must know:

I am taking Sven to be Beavis-which I know I am opening myself up for a lashing I am quite sure and do not care (I like this man), and I guess I have taken your comment a little on a personal level, even though it is obvious it is not distrubing him.

I feel you opened yourself up for another opinion, which I find your statement to be quite distasteful, especially, when others read it-newbie(s) almost would scare me away (someone full of insults), even though I am no longer a newbie, I am aware of your capping spirit on this man, because of reading many of the past threads when there was a lot more activity with HXC..........................so if you must know:

I think it would be interesting to dress you up in a Zombie suit, and see if Mr. Beavis will wuss out. Will his aim be a hit or a miss? :duh:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Postby The Other Rob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:57 am

USVibrant wrote:I am taking Sven to be Beavis-which I know I am opening myself up for a lashing I am quite sure and do not care (I like this man), and I guess I have taken your comment a little on a personal level, even though it is obvious it is not distrubing him.

It's actually quite disturbing.. Meet Sven and his SO Splenda..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6258&p=179367&hilit=Sven+Splenda#p179367
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby USVibrant » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:07 pm

The Other Rob wrote:
USVibrant wrote:I am taking Sven to be Beavis-which I know I am opening myself up for a lashing I am quite sure and do not care (I like this man), and I guess I have taken your comment a little on a personal level, even though it is obvious it is not distrubing him.

It's actually quite disturbing.. Meet Sven and his SO Splenda..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6258&p=179367&hilit=Sven+Splenda#p179367

OMG! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice meeting you Sven and your SO Splenda! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are so twisted Beavis, and people call me crazy ass woman, you give it a whole different meaning.

Sorry Robo, you can tell me to kiss your.......
emoticon-cartoon-024-B-giving mooney.gif
emoticon-cartoon-024-B-giving mooney.gif (19.13 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

and I will do it. My mistake once again. Cannot blame me for defending the loyalty I have for those whom I like or love. Right?
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Robo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:15 am

Dont worry USV, Beavis is a rather interesting fellow with a very rich fantasy life, He also has a soft spot for info-mercial products.
The Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights guarantees our Freedom and our Rights. They do not protect them.

Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 am

Robo wrote:Dont worry USV, Beavis is a rather interesting fellow with a very rich fantasy life, He also has a soft spot for info-mercial products.

What relief, I was not liking the idea of kissing your ****!

Beavis is an interesting fellow, I am happy there is some one out there (similar to me) with a rich fantasy life, inducing others to spit their coffee up on the keyboard. I also have the desire for info-mercial products-a man. :wall:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Robo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Found this while muddling 'round the internet http://www.survivalcache.com Not all comprehensive but they use the WTSHTF (when the s... hits the fan) senario and have alot of good basic info, including firearms and cutting tools/weapons.

Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Postby beavis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Timely post.

Sven actually got his first paint job today....

beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Looking good Sven, you haven't aged a bit since first arriving here :lol:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Next

Return to Off Topic