New to forum

How you built it

New to forum

Postby 58bisc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 pm

New to the forum, but not the H3. I've owned my 2006 victory red base H3 since 2005. Normally I don't keep my trucks more then 4 or 5 years. Since I can't get a brand new H3, I've decided to start upgrading the old one. I bought my H3 with a custom red & black leather interior, tow package, monsoon stereo and automatic. I have since added running boards, flairs with mud flaps, rear netting, iPod adapter, championship edition mat black stripe, cranked the bars 2 inches, Trail Duty extended bump stops, Bilstein front & rear shocks, bought 5 new General Grabber Red Line 315/75/16 tires (waiting for shipment) and I just ordered a GM touring exhaust system. I'll be working on the air box & filter next. Then I think the PCM reprogram will follow. At some point I would like to add the ARB front bumper and a wench. Chances are this will lead me to a dual battery setup.

I have not done any off roading to date (not counting urban curbs, islands, etc...). When I bought the H3 I was traveling the east cost in the winter time (Maine to Virginia) with lots of snow. This is when I really fell in love with her. There in nothing better then going out after a fresh deep snow fall, before any plows have hit the roads and just having a blast driving around!

I hit a deer at 55mph when it was new. Had to replace a couple of bumper braces, an inter wheel well and a fog lamp. Not bad considering there was nothing left of the deer! I've also had my share of mechanical issues with her. Heater core, radiator crack, "A" pillars, roof seam moldings, thermostat, coil misfires, and I done the normal service routines. I currently have 68k on her, most of which came early in her life.
Last edited by 58bisc on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red 06, hood stripe, red & black leather interior, tow package, Monsoon radio, iPod jack, body lift, Tbar crank, Bilstein f & r shocks, extended bump stops, air horn, fender flares w/splash guards, 35 tires, touring exhaust, H3 tips, AirDoc's intake, K&N filter, tune, UCP, diff skid, engine coil spring delete, ported throttle body, ladder, Thor bumper/bull bar, 12,500 winch, dual batteries, Tmax controller, KC lights, color grille, shock skids, rock sliders, roof rack
58bisc
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2006 Hummer H3

Re: New to forum

Postby cgalpha08 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Welcome to HXC post up some pics!! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
2008 H3 Alpha
cgalpha08
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 08 H3 Alpha/07 H2

Postby 58bisc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't have any pictures other then from the day I bough her! The H3 has always just been my daily driver until the last year or so. I did not know where to start. I got the sense that my only choice was to create a mall crawler and that did not interest me. I'm a little old school and started looking for H3's in the 4x4 magazine rack. I did not have any luck and after a while a buddy of mine suggested I look online for a couple of forums. Seeing all the pictures and reading about the modifications has awoken a desire in me to start working on her. I'll have to take her over to the park and take a few pictures. I think I'll wait till the 35's come and I get them installed. Should only be a week or two.
Red 06, hood stripe, red & black leather interior, tow package, Monsoon radio, iPod jack, body lift, Tbar crank, Bilstein f & r shocks, extended bump stops, air horn, fender flares w/splash guards, 35 tires, touring exhaust, H3 tips, AirDoc's intake, K&N filter, tune, UCP, diff skid, engine coil spring delete, ported throttle body, ladder, Thor bumper/bull bar, 12,500 winch, dual batteries, Tmax controller, KC lights, color grille, shock skids, rock sliders, roof rack
58bisc
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:17 am

Welcome to HXC and congratulations on the rebirth of your H3 8)

You will find pretty much all the info you need around here and if there is something you can't find normally somebody can answer whatever questions you have. Look forward to see what you do with her 8)
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby 58bisc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 pm

35's came in today (315/75/16). Holy sh 8) t they are big! Mounted and installed next Wednesday, can't wait.
58bisc
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:34 pm

You are going to love how they look 8)
Mark

Postby 58bisc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I hope so. To be truthful, I'm getting a little nervous about them now that I've seen the size. Hoping everyones advice does not steer me wrong. I know I will love the look, but worring about any negative long term side effects... Smiling, too late now, I'm all in!
58bisc
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby cgalpha08 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

We wanna see pics when you get the new tires on!

2008 H3 Alpha
cgalpha08
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby big2dabank » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Welcome. I have run with lots of 3's with 35s and they seem to be holding up very well. Don't forget thos pics!!!
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank
Chapter Vice President - Florida

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby 58bisc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:19 am

Well, here are a couple of shots with the new tire on. The GM touring exhaust came yesterday, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to install it.
58bisc
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby cgalpha08 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 am

Lookin aharp!

2008 H3 Alpha
cgalpha08
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby big2dabank » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 am

Definately looking good! 8)
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Looks great 8)
Mark

Postby 58bisc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I had a GM stainless touring dual outlet exhaust installed on her. Nice mellow tone with a little noise. Surprised that you can get that type of sound out of a L5.
58bisc
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Seth » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 pm

I like the tires. That some good accents you got there.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Next

Return to Builds