Underbody Soft Armor

General Tech, Non Vehicle Specific

Re: Underbody Soft Armor

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm

when i was going back thru some old threads on ttora about this one thing that stood out to me was the discussion about how the plastics can get gouged and if you dont wash it religiously it can grow mold etc in the gouges...and it seemed like a concern but i was thinking that itd be pretty cool to have a little forest actually growing on the belly of the truck :lol:
Jeff
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Jeff_H3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Jeff wrote:when i was going back thru some old threads on ttora about this one thing that stood out to me was the discussion about how the plastics can get gouged and if you dont wash it religiously it can grow mold etc in the gouges...and it seemed like a concern but i was thinking that itd be pretty cool to have a little forest actually growing on the belly of the truck :lol:

It can be a way for us hummer owners to go green. We just have to grow enough plant material to counteract the CO2 emmisions.
Jeff_H3
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 2007 H3

Postby Seth » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Pewterbird wrote:
Jeff wrote:when i was going back thru some old threads on ttora about this one thing that stood out to me was the discussion about how the plastics can get gouged and if you dont wash it religiously it can grow mold etc in the gouges...and it seemed like a concern but i was thinking that itd be pretty cool to have a little forest actually growing on the belly of the truck :lol:

It can be a way for us hummer owners to go green. We just have to grow enough plant material to counteract the CO2 emmisions.

Once again, you nail another funny comment. :lol:
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Pewterbird wrote:

good point!

the hippies couldnt say jack if you were producing oxygen too :)
Jeff
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Jeff wrote:
Pewterbird wrote:

good point!

the hippies couldnt say jack if you were producing oxygen too :)

And if you can move the plants you've got growing in little pots under your bed to underneath your truck, some of those hippies might become some really good friends..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Seth » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:38 am

The Other Rob wrote:And if you can move the plants you've got growing in little pots under your bed to underneath your truck, some of those hippies might become some really good friends..

Good point. :lol:
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby tower » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:41 am

Just think of it! You could fry your transmission and it wouldn't even stick! :lol:
tower
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H2

Postby PhilD » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:42 am

The Other Rob wrote:Teflon itself seems to be a bit on the high dollar side, but things like a .025 sheet of nylon are dang near affordable..
Teflon would be worthless, as it is a coating and would last all of five minutes. I think most of these type of skids are made of UHMW polyethylene and they are bolted over existing steel plates. These have been around a while, even companies like Fabtech offer it on some of their lift kits.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby flyin6 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 pm

PhilD wrote:I've never seen anyone just use teflon for underbody protection, but I've seen plenty of people use plastic over their skid plates.

X2

I looked at that stuff years ago, it's a no-go for heavy vehicles (H2's, H3's...) I would agree that laminating it over areas where you get lots of contact would help you slide over more easily, probably giving you more pulling power (traction) from the tires. However, I doubt it would last very long...
07 Black/black SUT, Lux, Nav, sunroof
H20 Bumper, T-Max 9K, synthetic combo winch line, Cognito control arms/steering components, Fabtech tie rods, Bilstien Shocks, 1/2 ton Torsion Bar Keys, Electric fans, Nelson Performance harness, Volant CAI, Diablo Predator, custom tune, Dyna-Tech LT headers, high flow cats, Magna-Flow muffler, Custom tire carrier, custom rear air bags, modified rock rails, Relocated aft sway bar and rear shock mounts, Ride-Tech air springs. Rear sway bar quick disconnects.
flyin6
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H2 SUT

Postby Relly_123 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:53 am

PhilD wrote:
The Other Rob wrote:Teflon itself seems to be a bit on the high dollar side, but things like a .025 sheet of nylon are dang near affordable..
Teflon would be worthless, as it is a coating and would last all of five minutes. I think most of these type of skids are made of UHMW polyethylene and they are bolted over existing steel plates. These have been around a while, even companies like Fabtech offer it on some of their lift kits.
flyin6 wrote:
PhilD wrote:I've never seen anyone just use teflon for underbody protection, but I've seen plenty of people use plastic over their skid plates.

To get more,You can go to our website: http://tacticalassaultgear.net
X2

I looked at that stuff years ago, it's a no-go for heavy vehicles (H2's, H3's...) I would agree that laminating it over areas where you get lots of contact would help you slide over more easily, probably giving you more pulling power (traction) from the tires. However, I doubt it would last very long...

Thanks for sharing this valuable information because soft armor is a tactical assault gear which is used by all army officers,police officers during the time of war.
Relly_123
New User
New User

Vehicle: truck

Previous

Return to General Tech