Aftermarket Seats

H1 (Hummer) & HMMWV Specific Information

Aftermarket Seats

Postby poway14 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:47 pm

First post here.

I'm looking to install some aftermarket seats into my H1. I need something with a bit more support and padding (really bad back). I'm wondering if anyone here has done so and found a set that fits in the small space - particularly on the passenger side. I was interested in the Corbeau Baja XRS and Sport Seats but they both appear too large. They are much too large for the passenger side. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks
poway14
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2000 H1

Re: Aftermarket Seats

Postby poway14 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 am

Update if anyone is interested. I decided to do a Duramax conversion. As part of that, they reworked the interior and crafted some custom seat boxes. The challenge on the H1 is the width of the seat at the front. They need to be pretty narrow - especially on the front passenger side. This limits things to options like the Corbeau A4 or Recaro Expert. Although more expensive, I went with the Recaro as the Corbeaus are very narrow in the shoulders....
poway14
New User
New User

Postby Renegade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks

I am also interested in your DuraMax conversion. Who is doing it, what is replaced, etc.
Renegade
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2006 HMDS

Postby poway14 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:55 pm

It's being done at Predator Motorsports in Vista. The base conversion swaps the engine (Duramax), Tranny (Allison) and transfer case. I had a LOT of additional stuff done to mine as well - half-shafts, larger brakes, shocks, upgrades to the tranny, upgraded cooling systems, etc. I would recommend calling them and discussing. They are good folks...
poway14
New User
New User

Return to H1 Tech