Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Rocks & Valleys Off Road Park, Harrison, MI May 30, 2009

Postby CBphoto » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:07 pm

http://rocksandvalleys.com

Rocks and Valleys Off Road Park
3407 E. Mannsiding Road
Harrison, MI 48625

$20/TRUCK, Need a flag, bring a CB

New off road park opening this May in Harrison, MI, only 10 minutes from my cabin & property.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 (weekend after Memorial Day)

All are invited for a campout at my place Friday night, wheeling Sat, stay & hang out or head home if you like. I've got sleeping room for 4 (speak up quickly!), and plenty of room for tents or campers. Park is close by, plus I've got a fine mud hole & trails out back to play.

Come join us, help support a new park!
Last edited by CBphoto on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'10 H3T Alpha, 35" Cooper STT's, 4:1 t-case, cranked, Hunner Xtreme Skids, AirDoc, Highmount Winchmount, Warn xd9000i, Lots-O-Line-X, X-Tang bed cover, UCP, what'd I miss?
'06 Green H3 Adv., now retired (to my 16 yr old), he'll wreck it soon, I imagine...but he'll live, I pray.

Hummer X Club Michigan Chapter
michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto
Chapter President - Michigan

Re: Rocks & Valleys Off Road Park, Harrison, MI May 30, 2009

Postby Mu-taint » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:35 pm

They state that they have everything from very mild to extreem wild!

I'm in (have to test out my new BA bumper and MM winch), sounds like a great time and I'll call one of the beds/cots/floor. I'm gald you are so close, don't have to wake up before dawn to get a good day of wheeling in! I'll contact the usual suspects on my side Doc Olds, LeasedH3Alpha, theBroken, etc. Hope to see Will, SR1355,Rick maybe Phaser and Half-Shaft there also! Maybe some of the Ohio crew can join?????
No longer here due to USVibrants "rants".
Mu-taint
Club Member
Club Member

Postby CBphoto » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:58 pm

Got calls & emails out to the crew, response is good so far, should be able to begin posting a list soon!

Here's some old pics from my mud hole to wet your whistle...
Attachments
mudhole1.jpg
Going in is easy....
mudhole1.jpg (160.4 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
mudhole2.jpg
sometimes you need the winch!
mudhole2.jpg (145.68 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
'10 H3T Alpha, 35" Cooper STT's, 4:1 t-case, cranked, Hunner Xtreme Skids, AirDoc, Highmount Winchmount, Warn xd9000i, Lots-O-Line-X, X-Tang bed cover, UCP, what'd I miss?
'06 Green H3 Adv., now retired (to my 16 yr old), he'll wreck it soon, I imagine...but he'll live, I pray.

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby theBroken » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 am

Hey there frogs in there Im calling somebody. I love private property.
theBroken
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2008 h3

Postby Mu-taint » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 pm

NICE HOLE!

Those stock tires look so weird and wrong on your rig!
No longer here due to USVibrants "rants".
Mu-taint
Club Member
Club Member

Postby CBphoto » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:36 pm

yah, and they didn't do so well in the mud.....

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby CBphoto » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:52 pm

OMG, is this park cool...I got a VIP tour this weekend, thru the easy stuff, thoght I was gonna blow a halfshaft for sure...great hill climbs, rock gardens, mud, sand, tight twisty trails thru the woods, everything....

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby CBphoto » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Here's some pics of the area...two new inches of snow that morning, makes it hard to see the details, but cool ORV park in the making.

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby CBphoto » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Mutaint & I got a trip in this past weekend, here's a link to the video page!!!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10075

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfarUa06sI

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby CBphoto » Wed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm

We're up to 12 or 13 rigs now for May 30, anybody else want to come along???

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby CBphoto » Mon May 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey all, checking in to make sure who's coming, looks like about 10-12 trucks for the weekend but making sure I didn't miss anybody. If we haven't talked in a while, send me a note again to let me know if you're coming.

Everyone's welcome to show up anytime Friday, I'll be there by noon. Map link here, my cabin is 1 mile back down Peasley Blvd on the right, grey with red trim, yard full of Hummers & Jeeps!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 16&iwloc=A

We're wheelin' Sat & Sun, make sure you have a flag attached, or you can buy one at the park. $20 entry fee per truck per day, no charge for passengers. We need CB's to talk, fire extinguishers for safety, tools & parts for any repairs necessary, tow straps & winches will come in handy.

My cabin's pretty rustic, I do have fresh water & a little off-the-grid electricity, propane grill & firepit for cooking, outhouse on site...bring what you want to grill, something for lunch on the trail, and whatever you want to drink....and ice, lots of it. We can make a quick run through the local McDonalds for breakfast on the way to the park if we want. If you've got propane lanterns, bring 'em. It's really dark there at night.

Got a shooting range out back, bring guns if you want, we may be shooting some skeet for yucks....and bobcats, turkeys, deer...whatever's coming "straight fer ya".

My cell is 313-407-3693 if anybody's lost, reception is iffy, Verizon has the best coverage at camp.

Should be fun, looking forward to it, great new park!

Cris

Cris Burkhalter Photography, LLC.
Creative Photography of the Constructed Environment
www.cbphoto.com

crisb@cbphoto.com
313-407-3693

President, Hummer X Club MI Chapter

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby CBphoto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Great time!!!! We had 8 rigs & lotsa fun, here's a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLZj7SE4VQ

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Postby [__--MUD--__] » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Looks fun! Everything looks awful tight...will an h2 fit through there w/ out scratching the sides all to hell?
[__--MUD--__]
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 04 H2

Postby CBphoto » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm

[__--MUD--__] wrote:Looks fun! Everything looks awful tight...will an h2 fit through there w/ out scratching the sides all to hell?

Some of it yes, lots of it a definite NO! The tight trails are REALLY tight, but I'd steer you away from them.

michigan@hummerxclub.com
CBphoto

Return to Club Events