BRIDGEPORT, TX TRAIL DAY SAT MARCH 28th

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

BRIDGEPORT, TX TRAIL DAY SAT MARCH 28th

Postby Calamitygirl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm

The next trail day at Northwest Park, Bridgeport, Texas will be Saturday March 28, 2009, 9am to 4pm.

Lets have another great showing this time.
It was a great sight to see a fleet of Hummers among all the Jeeps and crawlers!
8)
Last edited by Calamitygirl on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calamitygirl
2008 H3 Solar Flare Metallic - Adventure Package
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Boulder Accessories Underbody Protection
Rocky's Rock Rails
Low Profile Shock Mounts
You think its about the Bling? Think Again!
Calamitygirl
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2008 H3 Adven. Pack.

Re: BRIDGEPORT, TX TRAIL DAY SAT MARCH 28th

Postby JustinOK » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Awesome! I think my schedule ought to be open this time around. Thanks Candi!
1998 TD 4 Door Hard Top (HMC4) w/ 91K miles
Updated block and loaded with parts from Hummer Parts Guy and Blue Hummer

HummerDan's Hardcore Skid Guards, Fender Guards, & Locking Fuel Doors; Ham (VHF/UHF) & CB radios; Predator RapTorq4 PCM; mechanical wastegate; Cepek Adjustable Shocks; D-Tech PMD.
Stanadyne Performance Formula every fill-up and ScanGauge II full time.
JustinOK
Chapter President - Oklahoma

Vehicle: 98 TD HMC4

Postby Calamitygirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Convoy will be meeting at the SHELL station on the southeast corner of Hwy 114 and 35W. at 7:45 AM.

From there its approx. 40 some miles to Northwest Park.

Please let us know if you will be joining the convoy or meeting us at the Park.

The park is located:
North of Bridgeport, Texas off of Hwy 101.
See you Saturday Morning!
Calamitygirl
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Rocky's Rock Rails
Low Profile Shock Mounts
Calamitygirl
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby JustinOK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 am

Finished tearing down my engine two weeks ago, got new parts in this past Friday afternoon, but I haven't put it back together yet. Won't be able to make this one, sorry.

HummerDan's Hardcore Skid Guards, Fender Guards, & Locking Fuel Doors; Ham (VHF/UHF) & CB radios; Predator RapTorq4 PCM; mechanical wastegate; Cepek Adjustable Shocks; D-Tech PMD.
JustinOK

Postby Calamitygirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:06 am

JustinOK wrote:Finished tearing down my engine two weeks ago, got new parts in this past Friday afternoon, but I haven't put it back together yet. Won't be able to make this one, sorry.

Hi Justin - Glad you got the parts you need, sorry you won't be able to make this one! :(
Calamitygirl
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Rocky's Rock Rails
Low Profile Shock Mounts
Calamitygirl
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Calamitygirl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Don't forget bring a CB and or walkie talkies. Dogs are allowed on leashes (as long as they don't bite, just quoting what the Parks & Rec. spokesman said). And bring your own water, lunch, etc.

We will probably make a run to the local gas station at lunch time (its very close by).
Calamitygirl
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Rocky's Rock Rails
Low Profile Shock Mounts
Calamitygirl
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby JustinOK » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Trip Report????

:)

JustinOK

Postby Calamitygirl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Recap of Bridgeport.

We were met with snow flurries while gathering at the Shell Station. They quickly disappeared but it was bitter cold and high winds all day long! We had our regulars including me, Caywood and Erin and their 3 dogs, Skip and Karen, Steve#1 was solo today. We were joined by ArmyNurse (Blain and Caleb, his son) they came down from Oklahoma! Unfortunately at the last minute - Bro of 3 couldn't make it so it was 5 H3's and Skip in his H1.

Gunner had a nice surprise for all of us compliments of Sewell Hummer. We had nice fleece Hummer blankets (see the pix) for all of the drivers today! Thank you Gunner and Sewell for thinking of us. Your timing was perfect!

Karen got to give her new front locker a run for the money and I tested the new Tomp/Trail Duty low profile shock mounts that were just installed on my truck. We were both very pleased with the results of our new mods.

Steve#1 led us around. The trails are now marked with nice new signs but we are convinced they have not finished rating them. Several times, it was labeled 2 diamonds but it was more like 4!

The day is a blur, I think the cold effected my memory. We had minor carnage, a blowout and one recovery!

My pictures don't tell the whole story, but Erin and Stephen always have good pix so be patient.

ArmyNurse was our first casualty. He was working his way up a technical incline and blew a tire when he went over a tree stump! Some of us were at the top and we heard the terrible noise. Just prior to that he mentioned he needed to be able to drive home to OK today and to work on Monday!

He backed down (with Steve#1's help) to a flat spot and the guys jumped in and changed out the tire in no time. At the start of that run we had repositioned Skip to the top of the hill if we needed to recovery anyone, but Blain wheeled all the way up (and his truck is stock). In fact today we had 3 stock trucks, sans lockers and they all did great!

Caleb thought it was cool and Blain said something about being one step closer to getting the tires he wanted for his truck! Gotta love a guy with an attitude like that when you are off roading!

Not to be defeated after all going up the trail with the nasty tree stumps, (there was more than one) we went back down just to prove we could! (I know, I know, going down is easier, but remember the stumps were still there!)

One trail lead us to a deadend and we had to back out and go another way. Then there were the bunch of Jeeps that didn't have a clue about trail etiquette.

I had a bizarre mishap. Rounding a curve on a tight incline, I had the windows/open (the sun came out for a few minutes). I heard a big bang right by my head. I put up my hand I thought something was going to hit me. Turns out I had caught the end of a tree limb about 15" long and 3" wide and it flew up and hit the driver's door right below the window edge. Left a decent dent and scratches! Argh, never expected that to happen.

ArmyNurse couldn't get traction on one steep incline, so Karen and I recovered him and we were on our way.

Skip brought up the rear for the most part but we finally got to a point that was a little out of our league truck-wise so we all parked and let him show us how to do it! He had a steep very very rocky climb and made it no problem. Turns out, it wasn't even a trail! Yikes. Skip was going up and rocks were coming down. There were a few tense moments from our point of view and no one wanted to be his passenger! lol Nothing aganst Skip's abilities as a driver, on the contrary he is one of the best. It was just too darn scary to be in the right seat on that obstacle!

All in all a fun filled day of wheeling. When I was at the gas station airing up my tires, I went to open my passenger door and crunch. It would barely open. It was all out of whack. Someone said if the wind caught it the hinge was probably messed up, (that is exactly what had happend earlier in the day) hopefully its an easy fix. That was strange for sure.

As usual we had a great group. We have all wheeled together several times now and really work together well as a team! We are pleased that ArmyNurse and Caleb were able to join us and share in the fun!

I bet you are wondering where the pix are? Well, due to technical difficulties they will be added very soon. Sorry.
Calamitygirl
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Rocky's Rock Rails
Low Profile Shock Mounts
Calamitygirl
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Return to Club Events