NV/CA Chapter -- June 17-18 Last Chance Canyon/Rowher

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

NV/CA Chapter -- June 17-18 Last Chance Canyon/Rowher

Postby Rod » Sun May 28, 2006 9:35 pm

Info as of 11:12 p.m. PST, 6/16/06.

Want to print this page for use this weekend? Here 'tis: http://hxpics.us/images/events/0606.pdf

Scroll down for general info, itinerary, lodging suggestions and current roster. Please let me know if the roster needs correcting. Maps and pics props to Bondage.

General Info

Check often for updates and if you want to go let me know! mailto:nevada@hummerxclub.com

Hummer X Club NV/CA will meet near Palmdale, California for two days of fun and off-road action, June 17-18, 2006. Club membership is not required, there are no event entrance fees and all capable off-road vehicles are welcome. Kids are welcome. You are responsible for your own food, lodging, gas, park entrance fee, etc. Check this page often for updates!

Dates: June 17-18, 2006.

Special Note: Steps and nerf bars must be removed for this event!

Comm: CB channel 37 is preferred. FRS is fine although you'll miss the bulk of the CB trail banter.

Getting There: California people, check with forum member Bondage for local directions. Nevada people, I plan to leave Vegas at 0900 the morning of the 17th. If you want to convoy let me know!

Day One

On Saturday, June 17 we'll do a night run at Rowher Flats. Some of us will meet at 4:30 in Acton for dinner. If you'd care to join us for dinner, PM Bondage (Scott) on the forum. If you don't want to do dinner, meet us at the trail head not later than 6:30 p.m.

Pre-run report: Sections of the trail are challenging but there are bypasses. Check out a recent Rowher trip report here.

Day Two

On day two we're headed to Last Chance Canyon in Red Rock State Park. We should be done and on the road home by mid-afternoon. Launch time is 8:00 a.m. from Palmdale Holiday Inn. See bottom of this page for an area map that shows meeting place, campground and trail head. Come early if you need to gas up, use the restroom or if you want to have breakfast.

Pre-run Report: Sections of the trail are challenging but certainly doable. There are optional rock obstacles and adjacent bypasses. You'll find pictures from the Last Chance Canyon pre-run here.

Where to Stay

Hotel dwellers, here's the best bet in the neighborhood: Holiday Inn Palmdale. They offer a breakfast bar, happy hour and fairly close access to the trail head.

Amenities

Outdoor Pool
High-speed Internet Access
Whirlpool
On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
Kids Eat Free
Iron / Ironing Board
Coffee Maker
Health/Fitness Center On-Site

On 5/28/06 the front desk quoted the following rates and noted their hotel is about half full. These are better rates than the usual travel sites: $169.95 with two queen beds; $159.95 with one king bed. Visit the hotel's web site for more info.

Campers are in luck -- Ricardo Campground is close to the trail and offers beautiful, rustic camping. Rates are $12 per night and more info is here.

Ricardo Campground, scouting pics compliments of Bondage.

Current Roster

Driver (which days, where staying)

Toots (Both days, Acton Likaranch)
Bondage (Both days, Acton Likaranch)
Eric (Saturday only)
DavidK + 1 (Sunday only)
Beavis (Both days, Acton Likaranch)
sigepkev (Both days, ?)
Jon + 2 (Saturday only)
RonB (Saturday only)
DiverBob and Bubbles (Both days, hotel)
Dave and Brandee (Saturday only, Acton Likaranch)
CJ (Both days, camping)
Michael (Saturday only, maybe Sunday)
Rod (Both days, hotel)

Saturday (12 vehicles: 3 H1s, 7 H2s, 1 H3, 1 Jeep)

Toots
Bondage
Beavis
Eric
sigepkev
Jon
RonB
DiverBob and Bubbles
Dave and Brandee
CJ
Michael
Rod

Sunday (9 vehicles: 7 H2s, 1 H3, 1 Jeeps)

Toots
Bondage
DavidK + one other H2
Beavis
sigepkev
DiverBob and Bubbles
CJ
Rod

Day two map: Meeting place is the Palmdale Holiday Inn or, for the campers, the intersection marked below or the trail head. Campers please do let us know where you'd like to meet. Locals and hotel dwellers meet at the hotel.

Last edited by Rod on Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:19 am, edited 22 times in total.
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Postby Bondage » Mon May 29, 2006 12:03 am

Outstanding Rod!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Way to take control and get something going!!!! I'm guessing you enjoyed the pre-run? :o :lol:

Hey everybody...let's make this a huge one! Start making your plans now and we'll have an incredible time! I know I've said it before, but there really is something for everyone on this run! From scenic overviews and historic sites to rock crawlin' washes and hills that bring the pucker! :lol: Ginger's loading up my video from the pre-run and it'll be available later tonight! 8) Between that, the still pics from the pre-run, and the pics from the Beavis-Rich run, there's a lot of info on here about the possibilities on these trails!

So who's in? :lol: :lol: 8)
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

Postby JnStitz » Mon May 29, 2006 12:25 am

Sounds good to me...thats a few weeks before we roll out of here so that will be good timing.

-Jon
war is hell, when in doubt empty the mag
JnStitz
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Rod » Mon May 29, 2006 12:43 am

[quote=\"Bondage\"]Outstanding Rod!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Way to take control and get something going!!!! I'm guessing you enjoyed the pre-run? :o :lol:[/quote]

You bet I enjoyed it ... and there are a few rocks in that canyon I want a closer look at! 8) :lol:
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Mon May 29, 2006 12:52 am

[quote=\"JnStitz\"]Sounds good to me...thats a few weeks before we roll out of here so that will be good timing.

-Jon[/quote]

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: 8) I always wanna have Jon along on Rowher! :o :lol: And he'll blast right through Last Chance! Outstanding Jon! :lol:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston

Postby Bondage » Mon May 29, 2006 12:52 am

[quote=\"Rod\"][quote=\"Bondage\"]Outstanding Rod!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Way to take control and get something going!!!! I'm guessing you enjoyed the pre-run? :o :lol:[/quote]

You bet I enjoyed it ... and there are a few rocks in that canyon I want a closer look at! 8) :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Rich » Mon May 29, 2006 6:29 pm

I'll check my schedule to be sure but I should be there. I won't attempt rowher again though. Love to tag along sunday though.
Rich
Chapter President - NorCal

Vehicle: 04 HMCS Adv.

Postby JnStitz » Mon May 29, 2006 6:36 pm

[quote=\"Rich\"]I'll check my schedule to be sure but I should be there. I won't attempt rowher again though. Love to tag along sunday though.[/quote]

Have a bad time or something?
JnStitz
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Rich » Mon May 29, 2006 6:44 pm

[quote=\"JnStitz\"][quote=\"Rich\"]I'll check my schedule to be sure but I should be there. I won't attempt rowher again though. Love to tag along sunday though.[/quote]

Have a bad time or something?[/quote]

You could say that. I don't like heights. The roads themselves aren't especially difficult - I just don't being in a place were rolling your rig means 50-60 times over until the bottom of the hill finally stops you.

I prefer the more technical low to the ground stuff where rolling only = totaling your truck. :duh:
Rich

Postby Rod » Mon May 29, 2006 6:56 pm

[quote=\"Rich\"]I won't attempt rowher again though.[/quote]

We're doing it at night. Mo' betta? ;) :D
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rich » Mon May 29, 2006 7:20 pm

Smarta$$!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich

Postby JnStitz » Mon May 29, 2006 8:39 pm

[quote=\"Rich\"][quote=\"JnStitz\"][quote=\"Rich\"]I'll check my schedule to be sure but I should be there. I won't attempt rowher again though. Love to tag along sunday though.[/quote]

Have a bad time or something?[/quote]

You could say that. I don't like heights. The roads themselves aren't especially difficult - I just don't being in a place were rolling your rig means 50-60 times over until the bottom of the hill finally stops you.

I prefer the more technical low to the ground stuff where rolling only = totaling your truck. :duh:[/quote]

heh I don't blame you...thats not a fun feeling.
JnStitz
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Bondage » Mon May 29, 2006 9:17 pm

[quote=\"Rod\"][quote=\"Rich\"]I won't attempt rowher again though.[/quote]

We're doing it at night. Mo' betta? ;) :D[/quote]

ROFLMFAO Smart @$$. Leave Rich alone! :x ;) Stoked that you'll be along Sunday, Rich! Very cool! Is Piaa finally gonna come along so we can meet her? Or would that make things a little sticky if Bebe comes too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Piaa. It's just too outrageous and funny to stop. :lol: :lol:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Rich » Mon May 29, 2006 11:39 pm

:x :x :x Not Funny! :x :x :x

I'll ask but doubt PIAA would come. She'll do any run thats within about 4 hours from home. She really hates long drives. :(

She's going to pismo though. :)
Rich

Postby Bondage » Mon May 29, 2006 11:48 pm

[quote=\"Rich\"]:x :x :x Not Funny! :x :x :x Sorry. But yes it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll ask but doubt PIAA would come. She'll do any run thats within about 4 hours from home. She really hates long drives. :( Dammit dammit dammit! We are dying to meet her!
She's going to pismo though. :)[/quote]
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Next

Return to Club Events