What type of events?

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

What type of events do people want to see?

Mild Off-road - Trail rides, scenic
No votes
Moderate Off-road - Moderate trails/obstacles
13%
Typical Off-road - Moderate trail, hard optional obstacles
60%
Extreme Off-road - Rock crawling, etc, things may break
27%
Family Events - Little to no wheelin'
No votes
Social Events - No wheelin'
No votes
Other - Please explain
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby PhilD » Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 am

Interesting to see the results, albeit from a small sample.

The general consensus voiced by people appeared to be for adventure/trail ride kind of activity. I would have classed this more as scenic/trail than moderate/hard, although it would be better descrbed as fun/adventure.

I really enjoy adventure style stuff myself, especially when having to plot the route and find your way from A & B without marked trails, but sadly such places don't exist around here.

I would class moderate trail and hard obstacles as something like Golden Spike. Which is most definitely a fun trail with a high grin factor, but still very doable in stock H, although it does have a reputation with H3's now.

Some of the trails that we may or may not be tackling at K-Rocks, like Rollin Joes, would fall into the extreme category. This is really moving out of the realm of any H's (stock anyway) ability, and far better suited to smaller, lighter, dedicated vehicles.

No one was primarily interested in family or social events, although I kind of expected that to be the case. The beach run we do down here is a perfect example, while we can get 15 trucks or so for a wheelin' event, only 3 or 4 will show for a weekend of chillin on the beach. I think most people have plenty of family/social stuff that they do already, and don't look to a club for that kind of stuff.

Interestingly, no one thought scenic/trail rides were a big thing either.

Thanks for all the input.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Wed May 17, 2006 11:17 am

I would have definitely voted for flat gravel roads with scenic overlooks, but it wasn't on your list.............................

:lol: ;)
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

Postby PhilD » Wed May 17, 2006 12:38 pm

[quote=\"Bondage\"]I would have definitely voted for flat gravel roads with scenic overlooks, but it wasn't on your list.............................[/quote] :yup: That was option 1 :lol:

I just realized, I can make whole sentences with smilies now :P
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Wed May 17, 2006 12:50 pm

[quote=\"PhilD\"][quote=\"Bondage\"]I would have definitely voted for flat gravel roads with scenic overlooks, but it wasn't on your list.............................[/quote] :yup: That was option 1 :lol:

I just realized, I can make whole sentences with smilies now :P[/quote]

Option One looked a little scarey to me. :o
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston

Postby PhilD » Wed May 17, 2006 12:59 pm

[quote=\"Bondage\"]Option One looked a little scarey to me. :o[/quote]:lol:

So you chose Extreme instead? ;)
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Wed May 17, 2006 5:42 pm

[quote=\"PhilD\"][quote=\"Bondage\"]Option One looked a little scarey to me. :o[/quote]:lol:

So you chose Extreme instead? ;)[/quote]

Not I. Never. I'mma skeered of that kinda stuff. :lol:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby ronb » Mon May 22, 2006 10:56 am

so, the 3 that voted extreme (me being one of them) who are you and where are you located?

Ron B
97.5 hmco with lots of goodies
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 97.5 hummer

Postby Rod » Mon May 22, 2006 11:31 am

[quote=\"ronb\"]so, the 3 that voted extreme (me being one of them) who are you and where are you located?

Ron B[/quote]

I was one. Vegas.
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Postby PhilD » Mon May 22, 2006 11:45 am

I was the 3rd (Texas), but I've now decided I like to do scenic trail rides, they sound so much more fun ;) :lol:

There is only so much hard stuff you can do in a H2, before you break it though, so it does kind of limit you a little, but you can do a few things you can't do in a regular SUV.

So, although I voted for extreme, I do little more than what I'd class as hard.

PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby ronb » Mon May 22, 2006 11:54 am

Cool stuff Phil...what size lift/tires are you running?

Ron B
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby PhilD » Mon May 22, 2006 11:57 am

[quote=\"ronb\"]Cool stuff Phil...what size lift/tires are you running?[/quote]6\" Fabtech lift, 38x15.50x18 Open Country MT's. Tire's have globs of traction, but on some surfaces, like the slick rock out in Moab, it actually works against you and the tires can climb with the sidewall when you don't want them to, and can make adjusting your line hard work as they don't turn that well, they just grip.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby RedRubi » Mon May 22, 2006 4:00 pm

Phil's truck is Baaad. It's woth a trip just to watch this thing defy gravity. :o
Hi, my name is David.
I drive a red 2005 Jeep Rubicon.
You're jelous as hell, I can feel it.

;)
RedRubi
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Jeep LJ Rubicon

Postby ronb » Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm

do you have a front locker or stock diff -- just curious. I have a '97 open top, it's all stock. It will so some crazy things, but btm is pretty hard on the t-case. I have a detroit in a spare diff ready to go in (when I find the time).

Ron B
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby PhilD » Mon May 22, 2006 8:37 pm

[quote=\"ronb\"]do you have a front locker or stock diff -- just curious. [/quote]Yes, Eaton eLocker, although I try to use it as little as possible.

I have a '97 open top, it's all stock.
I used to have a '98 open top, I really liked it, apart from the maintenance and things going wrong. I wanted an H2 when I saw the concept, but then was put off by the soccer mom and Pimp My Ride image when they first came out. I was genuinely shocked to find mine had carpet in it and my wife, who knows very little about mechanicals scoffed at the tie rods as wimpy and said it looked like a Tahoe :where:

{quote]It will so some crazy things, but btm is pretty hard on the t-case. I have a detroit in a spare diff ready to go in (when I find the time).[/quote]I carry a couple of front half shaft assemblies now after blowing a couple. Anything bigger than that will see me trailered home.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Previous

Return to Club Events