San Antonio Trail Ride - June 25

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

San Antonio Trail Ride - June 25

Postby PhilD » Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 pm

The next Hummer X Club Devil's Den trail event is scheduled for Saturday, June 25, 2004.

Terrain is a mix of mud, rock and everything in between. The trail is easy going and requires minimal experience, the optional obstacles range from easy to the not-so-easy.

As always, this event is not limited to Hummers and all vehicles are welcome. So whatever you drive come out and enjoy some wheelin' with us.

Saturday, June 25
8:30am - Meet at Ingram Park Mall (Whataburger)
9:00am - Devil's Den

We will be having an informal dinner the night before for those interested.

This will be an off road event and potential for vehicle damage exists, in particular on the optional obstacles. However, there are bypasses for all the obstacles, which are optional.

As we may be on the trail for some time, please make sure you bring plenty to drink and something to eat.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby sfox » Tue May 31, 2005 12:15 pm

Well it currently looks like this will be another well attended event. I currently have 6 confirmed vehicles and a few other possibles. Come on folks, if you haven't made it out with us yet, you are really missing out! And if anybody can get an H3 out, that would be AWESOME!!

Shoot me an email at mailto:Seth@hummerxclub.com and let me know you are coming! :D

S
sfox
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Sounds like another cool event coming up, although I suspect it will be damn hot and not so cool ;)

We should have at least one H1 out with us again, which is great.

Any thoughts on dinner?

I should be coming up Friday as I've got some stuff to do in SA so Friday would be good. I'm also looking forward to watching Seth put my spare up on the rack :P
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby sfox » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:28 pm

We are still getting more confirmations coming in for this event so we should have another great group!

Ric and I will probably be heading out to the Den Friday afternoon (after work) to do some trail clearing. With as fast as my lawn has been growing lately, I can only imagine what the Den looks like :roll: :o

Anybody that wants to come out and do some lopping just let me know and we'll make arrangements to meet up.

Seth
sfox
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:22 pm

Broke my loppers cutting down a neighbors tree, so won't be able to make it :P

Actually, I did buy some more, so should be able to come out and cut some stuff down.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Clearing

Postby Ric » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:26 pm

It's true, the den has become a little overgrown, but not so bad that we can't clear as needed in a few hours.
With a few chainsaws, it could be better that it was on the last run.
Want to go thru a few new trails that I think would be fun, and a little challenging for the more adventurous in the group.
Looks like it should be nice and hot!
Double check your coolant levels!

Ric-H2
Ric
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Unlimited

Postby PhilD » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:29 am

Ric, you may want to speak with Bill also. He's suggested running up the creek past the bridge. Says there is lost of rock crawling in there and he's taken full size rigs through before, you can bypass everything too.

Some new trails/obstacles would be cool.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby macb » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:29 am

did dinner ever get decided?
macb
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:47 am

[quote=\"macb\"]did dinner ever get decided?[/quote]

As you most probably figured out by now, we didn't end up doing dinner on Friday.

No one expressed an interest in it and we didn't get out of the Den until 7:30pm anyway.

Next time though I definitely need a good meal before all that wheelin ;)
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby jetson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:55 am

7:30 pm !!!

Holy road trip batman...

Sorry I couldn't say goodbye, had to sneak out and get my final exams done!

Had a great time though as usual. Just replaced my motor mounts the day after, so now I'm ready to try some climbs with you guys.

Kenny
jetson
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby PhilD » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:17 am

[quote=\"jetson\"]7:30 pm !!!

Holy road trip batman...[/quote]Sorry Kenny, should have been clearer, that was on Friday. Seth, Ric and Bill were trail clearing from early Friday afternoon, and I got down there early evening to look at some new obstacles with them.

Had a great time though as usual. Just replaced my motor mounts the day after, so now I'm ready to try some climbs with you guys.
We are looking forward to seeing under your truck again on the Launch Pad ;)
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Devil's Den

Postby hbrigiii » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi, Phil,Seth and all the others. I just wanted to thank you-all for putting on a great ride last weekend. Looks like its time to bolt on the knobbies for the next trip. We are looking forward to the next ride. Hopefully a little cooler. Thanks again, Terry P.S. Super pictures also !!!
hbrigiii
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:03 pm

Hi Terry,

Glad you make it and enjoyed it. It was very hot and the going was slower than usual. In retrospect we should have, and will do in the future, split into two groups. It would have reduced the \"standing around\" time for everyone and kept the pace up a little.

Unfortunately, we didn't get as many pics as we'd like, especially of some of the tougher obstacles, despite the slow pace of the vehicles, there was still a lot of rushing around on foot.

Look forward to seeing you next time,

Phil
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Club Events