Oklahoma Chapter HummerX Club Event Announcement

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Oklahoma Chapter HummerX Club Event Announcement

Postby RasterMaster » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Oklahoma members:

It was just confirmed! The HummerX Club members will be first to test out new trails and obstacles at the Chain Ranch on February 18th.

We will be doing a dry run for the Bob Moore Hummer Happening coming up in March. I will have more details next week at our monthly meeting.
RasterMaster
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:51 am

Cool 8) Be sure to let us know how it goes.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby RasterMaster » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:19 pm

Due to unforseen conditions, the February 18th event was cancelled, but we were able to reschedule. The new date is March 25th for the Oklahoma Chapter Pre-Run of the new trails at Chain Ranch. I have reconfirmed the date from all members and it looks to be a good turnout.
RasterMaster
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 pm

[quote=\"RasterMaster\"]Due to unforseen conditions ...[/quote]

I heard about those conditions! Freezing rain, snow and Oklahoma don't seem to go together. :o

Good to see you here, RasterMaster. :)
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Postby RasterMaster » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:04 am

While the Hummer had no problem with the conditions, many other drivers who got an early start set out to have a VERY bad day. The worst was a Cherokee that had slid into the curb and rolled over into a ditch. It became part of the landscape for a farmer's field for a few days untill the weather improved. The tow guys had plenty of business for awhile!
RasterMaster
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:31 am

Hope the Cherokee driver was okay!

You guys have dealer support for the event?
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby RasterMaster » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:49 am

At Hummer Happenings, dealership sends a a tech to remove steps and put them on, that's about it. Haven't got them really involved with the club yet, but things are happening to help them get interested, so maybe we can work that in if I can get the Service Manager on board. Let me know if you have any pointers!

I was reading another thread about your desert trip.....I'd like to know what was involved in setting that up! Great posts! One post mentioned hats. If you've had club hats made, I'd like to see an example and get details.
RasterMaster
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:02 am

The Mojave Road trip was terrific! Give me a call sometime and we'll talk it over.

The hats weren't club hats -- they were special commemorative hats for the event that read \"Hummer\" on the front and \"Mojave Road 2006\" on the back. They were made and donated by fellow H2 owner and event participant, Tom Chestnut. http://www.chestnutid.com/homepage.htm

Phil recently mentioned that HXC hats and other goodies may be available soon. He may see this and offer more info?
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 am

[quote=\"Rod\"]Phil recently mentioned that HXC hats and other goodies may be available soon. He may see this and offer more info?[/quote]or he may not ;)

We'll be working on hats and some other stuff soon.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Send me the info, meeting times, etc, and I'll get it listed in the Events section.

Thx
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:01 am

Hey Sooners - I hope the fires are not nearby and you all are safe! We have some \"brush fire\" experience out here in California and it ain't pretty. :x Good luck to you guys.
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

Postby RasterMaster » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:22 pm

[quote=\"PhilD\"]Send me the info, meeting times, etc, and I'll get it listed in the Events section.

Thx[/quote]

Our Chain Ranch event is to begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 25th. Some of us will meet up for a caravan to the ranch, and all who are attending have the info. This offroad event is actually a Pre-run for the Hummer Happening in May, and the club will be the guinea pigs for the new trails and obstacles.

Each truck will provide their own food and drinks for the day, and we will meet up after the event for an early dinner at a local restaurant.

Also, a local film company is seeking a couple Hummers (don't know specifics yet) for an upcoming movie. I will have more info on that soon.

Thanks!
RasterMaster
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Battlebugs » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:01 am

[quote=\"RasterMaster\"][quote=\"PhilD\"]Send me the info, meeting times, etc, and I'll get it listed in the Events section.

Thx[/quote]

Our Chain Ranch event is to begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 25th. Some of us will meet up for a caravan to the ranch, and all who are attending have the info. This offroad event is actually a Pre-run for the Hummer Happening in May, and the club will be the guinea pigs for the new trails and obstacles.

Each truck will provide their own food and drinks for the day, and we will meet up after the event for an early dinner at a local restaurant.

Also, a local film company is seeking a couple Hummers (don't know specifics yet) for an upcoming movie. I will have more info on that soon.

Thanks![/quote]

In the movies??? As all OK members know...the only really photogenic Hummers are the Yellow ones (since mine was the only one to make the big time in the Mustang Day Parade picture spread :P ). So...I volunteer my truck to be featured in any movie a local company would like to film... Oscar award winning speeech already written...\"you love me...you really really love me\".... 8) :lol: 8)
Battlebugs
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 03 H1 HMCO

Return to Club Events