Rowher Flats OHV in CA

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Rowher Flats OHV in CA

Postby dimak321 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm

I just went wheeling in Rowher Flats OHV this past weekend. It was great! This was my first time offroading in a SUV ever. i've been to Pismo, Gorman, Hungry Valley, and Rowher Flats on ATVs, but never in a SUV.

The hummer did very well. the green and blue trails were a joke, and the black ones were mildly bumpy :-) i could not do only one obstacle. It was an inclined left-hander onto a rock, with a 50ft cliff drop-off on the right... so if u don't make it u roll into a ravine. i tried it, and when the truck started hopping, i backed off. i'm not experienced enough do try stuff like that. ...to even get to that point, i made it further than a few jeeps did, so if i get stuck - no one can even get to me.

this was a great experience, and i definitely want to do it again and again. who wants to go to Rowher with me? i'd LOVE to get some suggestions on how to approach obstacles correctly (lines, power delivery... etc). I have snatch straps, tow straps, snatch blocks, tree protectors, and my winch will soon be fixed, so we can really play :D
white 97 AM General Hummer - roof rack, winch, lights, swampers, jumpseat
blue 08 Chevy Corvette - Z51, stick, dual-mode exhaust, forget wheels, snake-charmer intake
yellow 01 Honda CBR600F4i - race rails, PC2, akropovic pipe, -1/+1
black 98 Honda Accord - HIDs, peeling paint
dimak321
New User
New User

Vehicle: 97 Wagon

Re: Rowher Flats OHV in CA

Postby ronb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:51 pm

careful going out alone. Always nice to have another truck with you to steal parts off to fix yours. Haven't been to Rowher in a while. The funnest part is the last hill by the reservoir off Bouquet Cyn.
97.5 hmco with lots of goodies
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 97.5 hummer

Postby dimak321 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm

ronb wrote:careful going out alone. Always nice to have another truck with you to steal parts off to fix yours. Haven't been to Rowher in a while. The funnest part is the last hill by the reservoir off Bouquet Cyn.

i couldn't swap parts if another truck was there (not a mechnaic) :(
i was careful (slow)... i didn't haul, like i would on an ATV

i may have done that hill; don't remember... i was slightly lost most of the time, as the maps that i printed out did not help much.
do you have some good maps of the place?
blue 08 Chevy Corvette - Z51, stick, dual-mode exhaust, forget wheels, snake-charmer intake
dimak321
New User
New User

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 am

Congratulations on getting out there and having a blast. I vividly remember my first time out. Was in Tellico and thought to myself "What the *&%$ did I get myself into" when we came to the first trail head. Didn't take but 15 minutes in the H3 to get hooked and been loving in ever since :yup:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby dimak321 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Mark wrote:Congratulations on getting out there and having a blast. I vividly remember my first time out. Was in Tellico and thought to myself "What the *&%$ did I get myself into" when we came to the first trail head. Didn't take but 15 minutes in the H3 to get hooked and been loving in ever since :yup:

yeah, it's fun
it's more fun on ATVs, but I had to offroad the h1, and will do so many more times again
just like sportscars that need to go to the track, or guns that need to go to the range

so, yeah... any time that anyone wants to hit up Rowher Flats, let me know
dimak321
New User
New User

Return to Trail Talk